S E R V I C E S
A Brand Diagnostic uncovers core metrics to build an overview of your campus’s brand and reputation to help you understand how your key audiences perceive your campus and determine alignment with your brand goals and strategies.
Butler University used the Brand Diagnostic to better align their brand messaging with their campus goals.
Run a Diagnostic on Your Campus Brand
If you’re looking to ensure marketing, enrollment, and fundraising campaigns are deployed effectively and optimized to reach your target audiences, the Brand Diagnostic is your ideal approach. Core social listening metrics help you gauge your brand perception and determine if your campus strategies are on point. Our Brand Diagnostic is historical social listening. It looks at publicly available online conversion from a previous time period to offer a deeper understanding of the conversation and sentiment surrounding your campus.
The Brand Diagnostic assesses how you've built your reputation online via branded (owned) content by comparing it to how your online audiences (earned) talk about and perceive your campus and brand. It answers questions like:
- Do your online audiences talk about your campus positively or negatively? When discussed, what are the topics of conversation?
- Where do your audiences talk about your campus online? Do they reference your campus more on social media, forums, news, or blogs?
- Does your campus share or monitor branded, owned conversation on the same sites as your audiences?
- How does your audience share or interact with content about your campus? What types of branded, owned content resonate most with audiences?
- Do the topics shared in your owned content align with the topics that are important to your audiences?
- Which branded, owned campus accounts are most prolific? Which audience (earned) accounts are most prolific?
For campuses with an athletic conference affiliation, we may recommend an analysis that removes athletic conversation. We often find that athletics conversation drives a campus's online conversation. We can best assess your brand health when athletics is removed. We’ll also dive into key alumni and admissions audiences for an overview of how their voices show up in your conversation so you can understand opportunities to engage and continue to build your brand affinity.
Understand How You Compare
See the output of your hard work with a comparison of your owned vs. earned content across all of your diagnostics—sentiment, content sources, mention types, trending topics, and top authors. A comparison helps you understand the current breakdown of content you create versus what’s generated about you across your diagnostic so you can determine where to spend your time to achieve your goals. And, our team will help you benchmark your campus’s results against the industry as a whole. Critical insights related to relevant industry benchmarks include:
How much overall public, online conversation there is about your campus.
Owned vs. Earned
The portion of your online conversation generated by your campus-affiliated accounts compared to conversation about you from other accounts.
The barometer of how a community talks about your campus—positive, negative, or neutral.
The sources where conversation about your campus occurs, such as social media, news, forums, and blogs.
The type of content—original post, share or retweet, or reply.
The words or phrases most often mentioned in online conversation.
“The brand diagnostic gave us so much robust data, which validated what we were seeing in terms of social monitoring, social engagement, and the overall strength of the Butler brand. However, the diagnostic also gave us listening insights beyond the typical social media monitoring and engagement performance data that we traditionally relied upon. Through the social listening data captured, the Campus Sonar team helped us identify opportunities to further bolster Butler’s brand equity. And that gave our team the direction needed to seize those opportunities, and whet our collective appetite for more social listening capabilities at Butler.” Michael Kaltenmark, Director, External Relations, Butler University
What You Get
An assessment of your brand health, delivered via:
- An executive summary that includes your historical analysis of up to three years and a core metrics comparison of your owned vs. earned content across all of your diagnostics. Also included are insights into your brand health and key recommendations for action.
- A final online consultation with a Strategist.
Request More Information
Get answers to some of the most common questions we've gotten about our Brand Diagnostic services, and see some supporting data points.
A Brand Diagnostic includes two years of analysis, inclusion of athletics, alumni and admissions audience analysis, and comparisons to conversation benchmarks.